This dual role position is responsible for accurately recording payments to customers’ accounts as well as handling customer invoicing and billing by performing the following duties:
- Posting branch warehouse deposits and communicating with branch personnel to resolve any discrepancies.
- Posting checks deposited to individual accounts, reviewing customer transactions for accuracy and reconciling any differences in amount billed and amount paid.
- Posting cash sale reports and processing credit card transactions and deposits; checking deposit slips to reports, running updates and registers.
- Posting refunds and sales allowances.
- Preparing and reviewing various reconciliation reports as needed.
- Calling customers to resolve payment posting problems.
- Receiving and following up on accounts receivable phone inquiries from customers.
- Researching customer accounts to identify errors and incorrect postings.
- Communicating regularly with the credit department and branch sales personnel to ensure an understanding of the status of customer accounts.
- Processing daily invoicing and billing, reviewing edit reports for discrepancies
- Reviewing and entering credit memos prepared by branch personnel, processing freight and inventory cost adjustments
- Maintaining sales tax forms, entering any sales tax adjustments
- Responsible for assisting with year-end closing and year-end CPA audit.
- Serves as backup receptionist as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years related AR and billing experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience is needed. Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision, general math and office skills (typing, filing, answering phones, etc.) are highly desired.