N.B. Handy Company has grown because of our ability to adapt to changing needs. That is not a result simply of processes and product, but the result of the efforts of good people putting forth their best.
We are constantly looking for the best talent and we have strong growth plans. We actively recruit for the positions listed below:
Account Manager (Outside Sales): HVAC or Roofing
Account Managers are responsible for monitoring and developing sales in designated regions out of our branches. In this position, it is necessary for an employee to be able to develop customer account relationships and sales opportunities within a designated sales territory. The employee will travel throughout this territory to present products to, solicit orders from, and talk with regular and potential customers. Account Managers must be knowledgeable of the products, their capabilities, and the needs of the contractors. They are responsible for communicating with the brand and other team members on issues concerning market trends, client needs, and reports of all pertinent transactions with and around clients. This opportunity allows Account Mangers to grow relationships with contractors and their needs.
- HS diploma, college degree preferred
- 2-4 years experience in outside sales; knowledge of applicable products and materials required
- Proven experience in growing business in new and existing accounts and building customer relationships
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- High sense of urgency and strong communication skills
- Strong customer service focus, ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Basic PC knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet)
Inside Sales Representative: HVAC or Roofing
Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for maintaining and building contractor sales, calling on existing customers, as well as, seek new accounts. Success depends on the employee's ability to create and enhance relationships with both new and existing customers. This is achievable through efforts made in locating business opportunities and developing them. The employee will be a catalyst in enabling branches to service and provide contractors with all they require to become a valuable partner. In this position, the employee will become a partner with the contractors out in the field. As such, the Inside Sales Representative will need to make available to the customers a variety of information on pricing, material requests, pending orders, backordered products, etc. This position serves as the liaison between the branch and the field, therefore, it is necessary to keep both the branch and the contractors abreast of all pertinent information on credit, market changes and shifts, and order information.
- HS diploma, college degree preferred
- 1-2 years sales experience and product knowledge required
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus
- Must have positive attitude and be a team player
- Basic PC knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Email, Internet)
Material Handlers must be able to provide solutions to any potential problems a customer might have. The employee is responsible for performing the administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials, products, parts, supplies and equipment. The Material Handler unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods, and rejects unsatisfactory items where necessary. Material Handlers also prepare and maintain records of merchandise shipped, create purchase orders, along with pulling and filling orders. Material Handlers must be able to lift heavy/light weight items and operate a forklift, small hand tools, proportional scales, pallet handlers, and hand trucks. The employee prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
In addition, this individual is also responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment, as well as, examining stocks and distributing materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. Material Handlers work in fast paced warehouse/dock environments coordinating and dispatching tractor-trailer loads/shipments throughout the Southeast region of the United States.
- HS diploma/GED
- 1-3 months experience
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) a plus
Drivers load vehicles with required products in a manner consistent with company policy and procedures. They must be courteous and represent the company with a professional image in the eyes of the customer and the competition. Drivers deliver all products in a timely manner, minimizing damaged and returned products. Delivery routes will generally be local to the branch. Drivers are required to operate company trucks in a safe, lawful, and environmentally compliant manner. They must maintain proper documentation as required by a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) and by the DOT (Department of Transportation), including pre-trip inspection report, driver's log, delivery records, bills of lading, etc.
- HS diploma/GED
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Current CDL Class A license with a good driving record
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Requires DOT physical card
Future Leaders Training Program
Attention College Grads!
We are currently recruiting FUTURE LEADERS to join our team! The ACCELERATED Future Leaders training program is designed to develop candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in sales or management. This program includes a variety of knowledge broadening assignments that will provide exposure to all aspects of the company with emphasis on product training, wholesale distribution best practices, sales training, systems resource training, sales effectiveness process, market development plans, and operations/logistics. The progression track is 18-24 months. At the end of the program, you will be promoted into a sales assignment.
What does it take?
- Bachelor's Degree (construction management, business, sales, marketing, or industrial distribution majors preferred)
- A strong desire to have a long term career in the building materials industry
- Willing to relocate after training
- High energy, confident, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Quick learner
- Team player
Available training locations: VA (Richmond, Roanoke); NC (Charlotte, Raleigh); MD (Hanover)
Submit Your Resume
If you meet the job requirements, have great customer skills, the right attitude, and passion to contribute to grow the company, N.B. Handy is the place for you. Email your resume for one of the above positions to email@example.com with the location and job title in the subject line. We will retain your resume on file for up to 90-days and may contact you if an opening occurs that matches your qualifications.